On October 21, 2014, the third event in the Reform to Transform series explored how we can develop informed, effective consumers and advocates to use their collective power to transform health care for the better — toward a quality, affordable, person and community-centered system focused on health.
It was an educational and motivational event for participants, as well as a working session that informed the Foundation’s consumer engagement work going forward.
The panel included:
- Rachel Grob, Director of National Initiatives at University of Wisconsin’s Center for Patient Partnerships (Moderator)
- Ted Rooney, Project Leader for Maine’s Aligning Forces for Quality initiative
- Shawn Lang, Director of Public Policy at AIDS Connecticut
- Eva Bermudez, Organizer, Connecticut State Employees Association Service Employees International Union Local 2001
- Lorenzo Jones, Executive Director of A Better Way Foundation