Current Priority Issues
Over the years, the Foundation has worked with partners across the state to advocate for policies that support our vision of quality, accessible, affordable health for all, as well as elevate the voice of people in health policy discussions. Too often, decisions are made without input from the people most affected, behind closed doors. Together, we have spoken up on hospital consolidations, rising cost of prescription drugs, high price of health care services, need to protect critical health care programs, and more. We work tirelessly to make sure health care truly serves the people.
The Foundation is committed to advocating for policies that protect consumers, lift up real people’s voices, and lead us on a path to quality, accessible, affordable health care for every Connecticut resident. These are the current issues we are working on.
- Advocating for people’s health care needs in the era of COVID-19
- Rising prescription drug prices, including high insulin prices
- New affordable health insurance options for Connecticut
- Protecting and expanding Medicaid
- Undocumented immigrant health insurance coverage
- Pushing back on high deductible health plans
To see more about our work, check out our blog.